SUNDUNG DO PITONGKIADAN ITI NOKORUOL DO GINAWO, NGA ABANTALAN NOPO DOT KOPOSIONKU...:)

MY ULTIMATE DREAM IS TO SET MY FOOT ON EVERY COUNTRY ON PLANET EARTH; TO LEARN THEIR LANGUAGE AND CULTURE, TO APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF NATURE IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE SAME BIOSPHERE..:)

Monday, April 30, 2012

Living up my life with Feng Shui: An amateur's experience.

It seems that I am now already 'addicted' to writing posts in my personal blog site. Despite lacking the experience in professional writing skills, we have to remember that there is an English saying that states: "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". If anyone would like to contribute any constructive ideas, I would be glad to welcome it as part of the learning processes towards improving this blog site.


Right, it would be better if we go straight to the point of discussion. It's all about one of the most intriguing metaphysical science areas known to the Westerners as 'Feng Shui'. The knowledge of this ancient Chinese practice had been in the limelight due to the English version of many Feng Shui texts translated by renowned masters who are well-versed in both Chinese and English. I practised Feng Shui as an amateur for the past 6 years. It all began when my mother bought a book on Feng Shui's symbolism. At the first glance, it never caught my attention since it was filled with all the Chinese figurines and characters. I left the book on my coffee table for a few days until I accidentally turned the page and found out that 'someone could increase his/her potential to meet his life partner'. What the...?For me, it's a total nonsense. Furthermore, as a staunch Christian and a devoted Catholic, it would be a grave sin to put our faith on man-made principles such as 'lucky and unlucky directions', 'auspicious days', Taoist and Buddhist deities' figurines and a myriad of oriental principles.


As I read through the pages of the easy-to-be-understood book, I began to realise that in a strict sense, the 'real' practice of Feng Shui does not involve all of the above. I started to browse through multitudes of Feng Shui websites beginning with the best seller's author and even to the humble, secluded type Feng Shui master who preferred to be a mentor to a very limited number of students. I started buying quite a number of books on the so-called "symbolic and ritualistic" Feng Shui books. Oriental mysticism is one of the most enigmatic body of knowledge. No wonder why most Westerners were so interested to study these knowledge even to the point of leaving their faith and embraced the oriental religions. Fine, religion is really a personal matter, so I decided not to put it into the limelight for the moment. I am not a religious fanatic but I'm not a free-thinker either! As I studied Feng Shui, without mentioning any parties; I came to the point of consciousness where there were too many conflicting issues; and the most apparent one is the "Classical versus New Age Feng Shui" feud. Again, this is also an another difficult topic to discuss though.
As for myself, whether you choose to learn Feng Shui in a very classical methods such as San Yuan, San He, Xuan Gong Ba Gua and other schools of classical Feng Shui or even to integrate the "westernised concepts" of Feng Shui such as crystal healing, colour therapy et cetera, the most important thing that you should realise is that Feng Shui never offers a "one fix all solution type" method. It is also not a "magic spell" that would change your life from rags to riches overnight! No, no one would ever believe it should work that way. If that is so true, then we would find that all Feng Shui masters will live in huge mansions or owning a row of Ferraris. Am I right? To be frank, reality remains a reality no matter how you would want  to "fix" it. Feng Shui is all about harmony; how to live in tandem with the unseen forces of Nature. Science wouldn't be able to explain what does it means by "Chi", but recent findings shown that we are surrounded by magnetic fields that naturally exists around us. It is also proven that certain pattern of magnetic fields are able to affect human beings' mood, despite a number of arguments posed by sceptics. With the use of modern devices such as computers and other electrical devices, the electromagnetic pattern has now somewhat can be called as "disrupted" as opposed to the "harmonious" already existing magnetic field in the natural surrounding.
It is glad to say that many curious colleagues, relatives and friends who lacked the Feng Shui knowledge approached me and asked questions like "Can I get my Mr Right with Feng Shui?", "Would I live happily with my spouse?" or " Would I be rich by orientating my house this way?". My answer would be both "YES" and "NO". The answer is a 'YES' if a true Feng Shui practitioner understands that Feng Shui is only 33% of the total luck. I won't discuss further on this concept but   there are numerous methods ranging from the location of home until the placement of certain types of "cures and enhancers" that would offer some solutions for these craving clients. The answer is also a 'NO' since me myself, an ardent amateur practitioner, remains a single guy..(haha..would Feng Shui made Jennifer Lopez to propose me???) or living in a luxurious bungalow (but yet, I have to struggle to keep my pocket as tight as possible since I am going to have the salary cut off to pay my housing loan). I can't deny that there are some Feng Shui masters who gained reputation and enjoyed luxurious lifestyles. By the way, it's not because of Feng Shui alone, but their persistence and undying effort in expanding their business' tagline. Simple, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment